Wednesday 15 September 2010

the North American pug craze


Almost every morning as I stand inside my glass walled shop counting the cash into the till, I look up to see a tall, tattoo covered man walking two little pug dogs along the street. It's become part of my morning ritual, and if I don't see them I actually get worried! Maybe I should introduce myself and offer the dogs some water from our shop's dog bowl?
Anyway, it's not just this guy who owns pugs, the whole of North America seems obsessed with them. On a short trip to Seattle I spotted maybe 30 pugs, no joke! They are so funny and small and their little beady eyes have started to grow on me. I don't like small dogs as a rule, but these little creatures have found a place in my heart. I can imagine they would have high pitched squeaky voices if they could talk to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment