Sunday 29 August 2010

Back once again...

My normal form of therapy is writing excessive amounts of lists. When I check off what I've done in a day, week or month I feel an overwhelming sense of achievement. And the stupid thing is I feel the same whatever the task completed. And no, buying shampoo is not something deemed worthy of an award but for some reason these 'tasks' need to be written down somewhere more concrete than my brain, and then filed away under 'completed'.
These lists have been flowing out of me on to scraps of paper, notebooks and white-boards since I was old enough to get home-work. And at one point in my life I could not sleep before checking through my list for the following day. Sometimes I would even write down things after I have done them just so I can cross them off...

Anyway, since moving to Vancouver something wierd has happened. I have stopped writing the lists. I'm not going to go into why I think I've stopped writing lists quite so obssessively. Instead I am going to write things down here instead. Maybe there'll be some lists. But there will also be thoughts I have that seem important, and notes on my exploration of Vancouver. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment